There are so many stories about how Chocolate Lava Cake came about. One suggests that it was the result of a mistake. The chef pulled a chocolate sponge cake from the oven before it was done and found that the center was still runny. He decided to serve it anyway since it had a good smell and texture to it. And the rest is history. Whatever the reason, Chocolate Lava Cake is a taste of heaven on earth and proof that sometimes mistakes are the way to better results.
– 1 cup unsalted butter or unsalted margarine*
– 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, or bars, cut into bite-size chunks
– 5 large eggs – 1/2 cup sugar – Pinch of salt
– 4 teaspoons flour
– 8 extra-large paper muffin cups or 12 regular paper muffin cups
– 8 large strawberries or fruit of your choice – barely moistened and rolled in about 1/2 cup sugar right before serving ( optional )
1- Melt butter and chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water; remove from heat.
2- Beat eggs, sugar and salt with a hand mixer in a medium bowl until sugar dissolves.
3- Beat egg mixture into chocolate until smooth.
4- Beat in flour until just combined. (Batter can be made a day ahead; return to room temperature an hour or so before baking.)
5- Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 450 degrees. Line a standard-size muffin tin (1/2 cup capacity) with 8 extra-large muffin papers. Spray muffin papers with vegetable cooking spray. Divide batter among muffin cups.
6- Bake until batter puffs but center is not set, 8 to 10 minutes.
7- Top each with sugared fruit of your choice and serve immediately.
This article was written by mission2organize