Now is the time to take advantage of the season and make some pumpkin flavored treats. This recipe can be used to make bread (60 min) or muffins (40 min). You can even spice it up with a sweet butter spread or cream cheese frosting!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1/2 c applesauce
- 2/3 c water or apple juice
- 1 c white sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup chocolate chips (frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three 7×3 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, applesauce, water, sugar and vanilla until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Gently mix in chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This article was written by Mission 2 Organize