Holiday Wreath Cookies
This recipe is an oldie, but goodie. Making these wreaths is easier than it looks. Just work fast, butter your fingers, and delight in this holiday sweet treat!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1 1/2 teaspoons green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 4 cups cornflakes cereal
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon red hot candies
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large glass bowl in the microwave in one minute increments until just melted. Stir between each minute being sure to keep a close eye on the mixture so it does not get overcooked. Stir in the food color and extracts. Gently fold the cornflakes into the mixture.
- Quickly drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto waxed paper, forming into a wreath shape with lightly greased fingers. Immediately decorate with red hot candies. Allow to cool completely to room temperature before removing from waxed paper. Store in an airtight container.
This article was written by Mission 2 Organize