This recipe is an oldie, but goodie. Making these wreaths is easier than it looks. Just work fast, butter your fingers, and delight in this holiday sweet treat!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1 1/2 teaspoons green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 4 cups cornflakes cereal
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon red hot candies
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large glass bowl in the microwave in one minute increments until just melted. Stir between each minute being sure to keep a close eye on the mixture so it does not get overcooked. Stir in the food color and extracts. Gently fold the cornflakes into the mixture.
- Quickly drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto waxed paper, forming into a wreath shape with lightly greased fingers. Immediately decorate with red hot candies. Allow to cool completely to room temperature before removing from waxed paper. Store in an airtight container.